Effective: April 16, 2018
Vivacity Tech PBC provides technology equipment, software and related services to the education sector. We understand that your privacy is an important part of the trust you place in us.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide when you use our Sites from one or more devices associated with you, or that you provide in any other way, including over the phone or on paper. For example, we may collect your name, work title, email address, postal address, phone number and demographics about your school or district (such as number of students). If you make a purchase from our Sites, we will collect payment and order information, user ID, password, and other information you may provide on our Sites, such as when you complete a transaction, register for an account, log in to our Sites, subscribe to or request our services, or contact our customer service representatives.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect either on our Sites or directly from you. As examples, we may obtain demographic data from third-party data providers to better market to you, or we may purchase or lease lists from list brokers to correct or supplement information about you.
Information Automatically Collected – Cookies & Similar Tracking Technologies
When you visit our Sites, some information about your visit is automatically collected, such as your device’s operating system, application software, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, peripherals, user log data, Active Directory information, and the websites you visited before and after our Sites. We also collect (directly or via third parties) information about your usage and activity on our Sites, including information about your orders, purchases, and cart activity through essential and non-essential cookies, Web beacons, and similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Cookies”).
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive, our Site or our emails, which we use to provide and improve our Sites and your experience, such as to see which areas and features are popular, count visits to our Sites, understand usage and campaign effectiveness on our Sites and other websites you may visit, and/or tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the right to request information from us about how we may share certain information about you with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below for details on the choices you may have regarding such sharing of your information.
Use of Information We Collect
We may use information collected for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. For example, where permitted under applicable law, we may use information that you provide or about you to:
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Send you transaction information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, product and services information, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- Facilitate the provision of software updates and product support;
- Ask you to take part in research and surveys used to measure our performance and improve our products, services and customer experience;
- Provide you with news about products and services offered by Vivacity Tech and our selected partners;
- [Provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to our Sites; and]
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs, customize our offerings to those needs and provide you with better service.
In order to process your information, we and the third parties detailed above rely on our legitimate interest in providing, securing, customizing, improving, and developing our Sites and services to you, your consent (e.g., marketing), and the need to process your information in order to provide the requested services, and as necessary to comply with any legal obligations, as our legal bases (where required) for processing your information.
The information we collect about you is necessary for the purposes listed above. If you refuse to provide information to us or if you request that we stop processing information about you, we may not be able to provide the same level of service to you.
We may retain your personal data as necessary for the purposes described in this Policy, in accordance with Vivacity Tech’s record retention practices. When we no longer need your information we will, unless it is needed to comply with applicable legal requirements, remove your personal data and/or take steps to anonymize it.
Sharing Your Information
Ways we may share your information with third parties as follows:
- Third Party Vendors/Service Providers. We may rely on third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to make our Sites available to you. For example, we may engage vendors/service providers for auditing, compliance, and product delivery functions
- Vivacity Tech Suppliers. We may share your information with suppliers to Vivacity Tech for their internal purposes including administrative purposes, as well as to improve performance, products and services; and for purposes relating to proposed or completed transactions facilitated by Vivacity Tech;
- Business Partners. We may share your information with third parties with whom we do business, including to facilitate your purchase of a product manufactured by a Vivacity Tech partner, or for their own marketing purposes in compliance with applicable laws and subject to their separate privacy policies;
- Business Reorganization. In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purposes with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information in a form that does not directly identify you.
Security of Your Personal Data
Vivacity Tech takes reasonable technical, physical, and administrative steps to help protect your personal data in our custody or control from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone or to reuse the same user ID and password on other sites.
Third Party Websites
Except for Vivacity Tech’s own online activities on third-party websites and online services where we post our Policy, this Policy does not apply to, and Vivacity Tech is not responsible for, any other data practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about third-party data practices, please visit their respective privacy policies.
Social Networks and Accounts
Our Sites are general audience sites intended for business and governmental purchasers. Our Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
Your Rights and Choices
Email and Marketing Choices
You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In some jurisdictions, you also have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by: (i) following the opt-out instructions in promotional emails; (ii) checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect personal data; and (iii) for email marketing, by visiting your account settings our website. You may also make requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information by contacting your account manager. If you opt-out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Access and Change Requests
You may access, correct or delete some personal and account information maintained in your account by logging into your account on our website. To request access to, or the correction or deletion of any other information about you or content you post on our Sites, or to exercise any right to restrict or object to processing or data portability, please contact your account manager. We reserve the right to decline requests unless required by applicable law.
Changes to this Policy
Vivacity Tech may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this Policy. If we make material changes to this Policy that increase our rights to use personal data we have previously collected about you, we will obtain your consent either through an email to your registered email address or by prominent posting on our Sites.
If you wish to request information regarding the use or disclosure of your information by Vivacity Tech, or if you have any questions about this Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Vivacity Tech PBC
505 Minnehaha Ave W, Suite #150
St. Paul, MN 55103