STUDENT REPAIR ACADEMY
EMPOWERING STUDENTS WITH TECHNOLOGY
Vivacity Tech’s Student Repair Academy equips districts across the country with curriculum, tools, and resources to cultivate a Student Tech Team and effectively apply these skills in real-world settings, especially when pursuing a career in Computers.
STARTING A STUDENT TEAM
- COURSE OVERVIEW
- GETTING STARTED
One of the greatest assets a school can have is its students. Education, these days, requires that students develop skills for the 21st Century and that they experience real world problems while developing real world solutions. A student repair program meets these requirements. Students who participate in a student tech team program gain valuable experience and marketable skills for the workforce while serving the school community.
In the Vivacity Tech SRA program, students learn the basics of repairing a Chromebook, providing high-quality tech support, exceptional customer service, and more, all while repairing their school’s Chromebook fleet.
Not only do student tech teams help resolve Chromebook fleet issues, but they also provide students with an opportunity to take on leadership roles in their school, promote critical thinking, and collaborate in an innovative learning environment.
As you venture into SRA your students will gain skills that will help them serve the school and possibly even the greater community. The real world, relevant experience they gain as a part of your school’s tech team will prepare them for a basic tech support position.
- Comprehend the history of computers, including components, software, hardware, and effective troubleshooting strategies.
- Manage a healthy repair workflow, including how to create support tickets and techniques or tracking and documentation.
- Contribute to the operation of a student-driven repair hub by fixing school-issued devices.
- Adopt safety protocols and practices as a computer technician, coupled with proper utilization of tools.
- Incorporate the 4C's crucial in the 21st century—Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creativity.
- Develop customer service skills and traits of working as a team member.
- Utilize students to assist tech staff in maintaining their fleet of Chromebooks.
- Minimize downtime for damaged devices.
- Reduce money spent shipping devices to repair centers.
- Give students a platform for hands-on learning.
Our curriculum includes everything students need to succeed as student technology leaders. Students will demonstrate an understanding by completing formative and summative assessments, creating screencast recordings, developing a student tech team creed, and practicing their technical writing skills by developing step-by-step repair instructions.
STUDENT REPAIR ACADEMY INCLUDES
- Introductory Materials – A library of resources to support the user as they navigate the platform and access the curriculum.
- Fundamentals of Computing – Discusses concepts related to types of computers, the evolution and history of computers, operating system functions, Chromebook components, and more.
- Best Practices and Essential Skills of a Technician – Helps train students on the role of the 4 C’s of the 21st Century play in the repair and maintenance of Chromebooks for your school district.
- Repair Ticket Management – Trains students on the use of the Vivacity Tech Student Repair Center Portal and workflow.
- Troubleshooting Chromebook Hardware and Software Issues – Helps train students in how to identify hardware and software problems prior to repairing them.
- Device Repair Guides – In-depth training on how to repair specific Hp, Lenovo, and Dell Chromebooks, the general terminology associated with parts, and the required tools needed to perform repairs.
- Final Project – Students will demonstrate a device repair, complete a self-assessment on learning objectives, and submit a course survey to obtain their certification.
- Professional Profile – Students will showcase their knowledge and skills in Chromebook repair as they pursue a career in Technology.
SRA can be an elective, integrated into an extracurricular club, or pursued as an independent study. We provide you with step-by-step instructions, provide professional training for teachers and faculty to run the program, and can supply you with tools, replacement parts, and software to run your student repair depot.
Students will gain a Vivacity Tech certification upon completion of the SRA course. The Vivacity certification provides valuable credentials for students when applying for entry-level positions in Computer Technology.
CERTIFIED STUDENT REPAIR DEPOT
Student involvement in your school tech team, in partnership with SRA, will provide students with an opportunity to serve, grow, and make an impact in a meaningful way!
We were teaching our kids the content, but we really wanted them to come out of a program with something that they can put on their resume, something that they can take with them. So it was nice knowing that there was some sort of certification that showcased the work they did and that they could take that with them beyond what they're doing now here.
Media Specialist & Integrationist | North Branch Area High School
I have always had an interest in technology [...] This is what drew me into the repair class initially. As I learned more about each piece of a Chromebook and the different methods used to repair Chromebook issues and replace broken parts, I realized that I could potentially make a career out of repairing Chromebooks.
12TH GRADE STUDENT
South Washington County School District
I love Student Repair Academy! I'm excited to see what problems I can fix and I love being able to fix them! I feel like it has helped me with problem-solving skills and learning about different types of Chromebooks. It is definitely a good challenge at times but so satisfying when you figure it out!
11TH GRADE STUDENT
North Branch Area High School